Become a Market Busker
How to Become a Pike Place Market Busker
Buskers and street performers at Pike Place Market bring life, color, and music to our streets with a wide range of performances. Busking acts range from musical to performance art, such as miming, balloon art, magic, and more.
Follow the below steps to obtain a busker performance permit for Pike Place Market.
• Due to the historic nature of the Market, horns, percussion, and amplified music are not permitted outside a Market sanctioned event.
- No devices for electronic amplification of any sounds are allowed.
- No brass instruments or drums are allowed.
• All performances at permitted locations must be played at levels that do not significantly interfere with normal verbal communications.
• A valid 2021-2022 Pike Place Market Busker Permit is required.
• Market performers should display their permits every time they perform in the Market.
Market Busker Permit Cost
All Market performers are required to purchase a performer’s permit yearly. The annual permit costs $30.
How to Obtain a Market Busker Permit?
Tap the button below to begin the permitting process. The permitting process goes as follows:
1. Apply: Fill out and submit the Pike Place Market Performer Permit Application
2. Required Meeting: A member from our Daystall Team will contact you to schedule a short meeting to review the rules and your application.
3. Pay Permit Fee: Pay busker permit fee of $30. Payments can take up to 4 days to appear in our system. You may forward us the automated email receipt as proof of payment to expedite the process.
4. Pick up your Busker Permit: When we have proof of payment, we will make your badge and then coordinate an in-person pick-up.
5. Once you have received your 2021 Busker Permit badge, you may begin busking! Reminder: Badges must be present and visible at all times.
Questions? Please fill out the form below