Become a Market Busker
How to Become a Pike Place Market Busker
Buskers and street performers at Pike Place Market bring life, color, and music to our streets with a wide range of performances. Busking acts range from musical to performance art, such as miming, balloon art, magic, and more.
Follow the below steps to obtain a busker performance permit for Pike Place Market.
• Due to the historic nature of the Market, horns, percussion, and amplified music are not permitted outside a Market sanctioned event.
- No devices for electronic amplification of any sounds are allowed.
- No brass instruments or drums are allowed.
• All performances at permitted locations must be played at levels that do not significantly interfere with normal verbal communications.
• A valid 2022-2023 Pike Place Market Busker Permit is required.
• Market performers should display their permits every time they perform in the Market.
Market Busker Permit Cost
All Market performers are required to purchase a performer’s permit yearly. The annual permit costs $30.
How to Obtain a Market Busker Permit?
Tap the button below to begin the permitting process. The permitting process goes as follows:
1. Apply: Fill out and submit the Pike Place Market Performer Permit Application
2. Required Meeting: A member from our Daystall Team will contact you to schedule a short meeting to review the rules and your application.
3. Pay Permit Fee: Pay busker permit fee of $30. Payments can take up to 4 days to appear in our system. You may forward us the automated email receipt as proof of payment to expedite the process. Link for payment will be provided via email.
4. Pick up your Busker Permit: When we have proof of payment, we will make your badge and then coordinate an in-person pick-up.
5. Once you have received your 2022 Busker Permit badge, you may begin busking! Reminder: Badges must be present and visible at all times.
Questions? Please fill out the form below