News for the Pike Place Market Community
There's always a lot happening at Pike Place Market. The Market community can read about news and upcoming events happening in and around the neighborhood through the Market Insider, a monthly newsletter published by the Pike Place Market PDA. Each month, read the latest edition here or pick up a copy in a residential building.
- Read the current edition of the Market Insider [PDF]
- Read the 2016-2017 Annual Report
- Read the 2017 MarketFront Grand Opening Report.
Green Star Awards 2017
The RE-Team, the PDA’s sustainability committee charged with promoting the values of reduce, reuse and recycle, is now accepting applications for the inaugural Green Star Awards, honoring two Pike Place Market business leaders in sustainable and environmentally friendly practices. Click here for details and to nominate your business by July 1.
Valet Parking on Pike Place for Vendors and Merchants Starting Early September
We have been working on additional parking mitigation solutions and commute assistance options. These options were significantly informed by outstanding advocacy undertaken by the Market Constituency through a series of productive meetings, as well as requests for commute assistance received from individual community members.
The response to the Orca Business Passport program has been tremendous. Many of you have shared how this program, while adding some inconvenience and change of routine, has created significant savings in your daily commute–in some cases, hundreds of dollars a month. However, both the Constituency and conversations we had with individual community members made it clear that enhanced transit access alone was not going to be sufficient to address everyone’s individual business needs.
As such, we are delighted to share a new program offering valet service on Pike Place for vendors and merchants at $15 a day. We have been working with Republic Parking and Luxe, a local valet service company, to make this possible and start offering the service the first week in Sept.
If you have further questions, please contact your Commercial Property Manager or the Market Master.
Low-Cost Annual Orca Pass for Market Employees
The PDA has developed a new program that will provide eligible Market employees the opportunity to purchase subsidized ORCA Business Passport transit passes. These annual passes run from August 2016 - July 2017 and are good on Metro, Community, Sound, Kitsap, Everett, and Pierce Transit services, Sounder Train (with RailPlus), Link Light Rail, the Seattle Streetcar, and the West Seattle and Vashon Water Taxis (but not Washington State Ferries). While the transit passes have sold out for this plan year, interested Market employees can be on a waiting list in case current participants leave the program.
Base eligibility requirements for participation:
- Full-time employee (at least 24 hours a week; this can be for multiple employers, as in the case of agents)
- Employed by a business with one to four employees (businesses with five or more employees can currently qualify for ORCA Business Passports on their own)
- Business is located on PDA owned or managed property in the Pike Place Market Historic District
- Commit to an annual pass contract with required payments
The monthly permit costs are $33 a month.
For more information and to sign up for the ORCA Pass, contact: Art Kuniyuki at the PDA, 206.774.5226.
2017 Daystall Rules and Review
Each year, the PDA conducts a public review process of the Daystall Rules and Regulations, which cover all daystall activities for farmers, craftspeople and performers in the Market. During this time, anyone in the Market community or any member of the public may submit rule change proposals and/or may offer comment on existing rule change proposals. Proposals are reviewed by staff and the PDA Council. Questions about this process: David Dickinson, 206.774.5224.
- Wait List Application
- 2016-17 Daystall Rules and Regulations
- Current Craftsperson Add On Screening Application
- 2017 Daystall Rules Review Schedule
- 2017 Daystall Rules Change Proposal Packet
- 2017 Daystall Rules Review: Initial Staff Recommendations & Rule Proposal Submissions
- Staff Recommendations on Daystall Rule Change Proposals, March 1, 2017